We’re sure you know that termites can damage the wood of homes. It is common knowledge that subterranean termites are a serious threat here. When considering this threat, your mind probably goes right to the damage they can do and questions quickly arise, the biggest question being: “How much damage can termites really do?” While this is an important question to ask, it is like looking at the wrong hand of a magician. If you focus on the damage, you may miss the bigger picture.
When you only consider the damage termites can do to the wood of your home, you may be willing to take the risk of not investing in termite protection. You may think it will be fine to keep a watchful eye out for signs of termite activity and pay to have termite damage fixed if your home is ever damaged. After all, it’s just a home, right? But the true cost of termite damage isn’t what they do to your home, it is what they do to your finances. When these insects get into your home, they can secretly feed on it for years. So, while you’re investing in your equity, they can be stealing from your equity.
- These insects are incredibly sneaky and the signs they leave are often left in dark, secluded locations. When termite damage is found, it is often found after these insects have had years to do damage.
- Termites cost U.S. property owners over $5 billion every year.
- The most destructive type of termite in the United States is the subterranean termite. This is the type of termite we battle in our Maryland service area.
- Subterranean termites can completely total a home and turn it into a money pit that cannot be fixed.
- Termites have the capacity to wipe out the savings of a couple and put a significant strain on them at retirement.
The true cost of termites is the financial hardship that can result from a termite infestation. You’ve probably taken many precautions to prevent unexpected financial burdens, such as home insurance, health insurance, and car insurance. Consider making termite insurance a priority. We can’t tell you how much damage subterranean termites will do to your home but we can tell you that it isn’t worth it to allow them to do it. The better course of action is to protect your investment for your retirement.
Schedule An Inspection With a Pest Control Company
If you would like assistance with implementing a termite control plan to effectively protect your home from the threat of subterranean termites, we’re here to help. The termite control professionals at Beebe’s are the best service people in the business. Get started today by requesting an appointment.BugUS!™ For Pest Control