- Make sure the underside of the flashing that covers the air conditioning conduits to the attic is sealed. This is one of the most common residential entry points for rodents in the Southeastern states.
- Check the edges of the garage door to make sure there are no gaps or openings.
- Seal off openings around pipes with sheet metal or concrete.
- Block all possible rodent entry points such as the bottom of doors, pipe entry holes, ventilation pipes, roof vents and eave vents.
- Pick up any trash or debris around the outside of your home that could provide a shelter for rodents.
- Rodents are always on the lookout for food. Keep garbage cans sealed and eliminate any areas of standing water. Do not leave open food items out including pet food.
Rodents can squeeze through any opening their heads can fit through. For mice that can be an opening as small as ¼ inch! Eliminating all possible entry points is key to keeping rodents out.